07: Standards of Behavior
The students of VLA are expected to show forth the life of Christ in their behavior. Their attitude and actions both at school and away from school affect their educational process. If the administration becomes aware of unacceptable conduct on or off campus, the administration reserves the right to review the situation and circumstances, and confirmation of the unacceptable conduct (in the administration’s sole judgment) may result in the termination of that student’s enrollment.
“These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, so that you, your children and their children may fear the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all His decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life. . .These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” (Deut. 6:1-2, 6-7)
“Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.” (Eph. 6:4)
“Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)
The Bible is quite clear that the responsibility of teaching and training children lies with the parents. Victory Life Academy’s responsibility is to assist the parents in their God-given responsibility to bring up their children in the fear and admonition of the Lord. The school’s responsibilities include establishing guidelines necessary for ensuring correct behavior in the classroom.
- Treat others as you want to be treated.
- Obey authority.
- Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with conflicts. “Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.” Matthew 18:15-16
- Relationships are encouraged by the school only in the purest sense of brother and sister relationship as outlined in I Timothy 5:1-2 (Amplified). “Do not sharply censure or rebuke an older man, but entreat and plead with him as you would with a father; treat younger men like brothers. Treat older women like mothers and younger women like sisters, in all purity.”
Rules of Discipline: Students are to:
- Be courteous and respectful of others.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards self, teachers and fellow students.
- Respect the person and property of others.
- Behave respectfully by keeping hands and feet to oneself.
- Respect classroom procedures and instruction.
- Behave in a manner which does not disrupt the class or hinder the teacher from teaching or students from learning.
- Refrain from excessive talking or playing in the classroom.
- Remain seated unless teacher permission has been granted to leave their seat.
- Be prompt and prepared.
- Tardiness is unacceptable behavior.
- Come to class with required class materials.
- Complete classroom assignments and homework on time
- Respect school property.
- Move quietly in the halls, restrooms and cafeteria (no running).
- Treat school property with respect and not damage school facilities.
- Obey authority.
- Respectfully obey teachers and school personnel.
- Promptly follow directions.
- Obey school rules.
- Dress according to VLA dress code.
Prohibited Behavior Subject to the Discipline Policy:
- Showing disrespect
- Using profanity
- Having weapons on campus
- Using illegal drugs
- Using alcoholic beverage
- Using tobacco
- Conversations of sexual content
- Any other behavior deemed inappropriate by the administration